Property, Crime, Priest Personal Effects and Theft Claims

In the event of a property loss, you should immediately:

  • Do everything possible to mitigate the damages, such as calling a cleaning and restoration company to provide water and smoke clean up services (please see our Disaster Restoration Vendor List). The Office of Risk Management can provide assistance as well.
  • Determine the cause of the loss.
  • If someone else is responsible for the damage (such as damages from a motor vehicle), obtain all information on that person (name, address, name of insurance company).
  • In the event of damage from a vehicle or vandalism, contact the police.
  • Obtain photographs of the damages.
  • Notify the Facilities Management Department at 617-746-5660.
  • Report the claim to our Claims Manager.

Depending on the circumstances of the loss, you may be asked to fill out a Property Claim Report Form.

The parish has a $500 deductible on all of the above losses, with the exception of Priest Personal Effects Coverage, which has a $250 deductible.

Any questions should be directed to the Claims Manager.

Boiler & Machinery Claims

The Boiler Insurance policy is designed to provide protection for parish-owned property that is not covered by the Property Insurance policy. The Boiler policy covers your boiler, hot water tank, steam and/or limited hot water pipes if there is an explosion or cracking due to excess heat.

The policy does not cover wear and tear, corrosion, or failed gaskets.

These claims should be reported to the Claims Manager as soon as possible, who will then report it to the Boiler Insurance carrier.

Please note that in the event that any work is done prior to the Boiler Insurance carrier arriving on site, any replaced parts must be retained for inspection. Coverage may be jeopardized should parts be discarded and not made available for inspection.

The parish has a $2,500 deductible on boiler claims.

Liability Claims

In the event of an incident, the following should be done:

  • See that medical assistance is provided immediately.
  • Obtain the name and address/telephone number of injured person, or person claiming property damage.
  • Make note of what occurred, as well as the injuries and property damage.
  • Obtain names of any witnesses.
  • Obtain photographs of the accident site.

You may be asked to fill out one or more of the following forms:

There is no deductible for General Liability claims.

Claims should be reported immediately. Please see the Claims tab on the left.

Volunteer Accident Claims

Claims should be reported immediately. Please see the Claims tab on the left.